- Wood toy with moving parts
- Bandsaw box
- Camp chair
- Expanding spatial thinking from 2D to 3D
- Developing and enhancing their creative mindset
- Reading and following woodworking plans
- Practicing measuring and marking to prepare wood for working
- Practicing cutting, drilling, shaping, and finishing with hand tools
- Designing and build a set of objects of increasing sophistication
- Exercising skills in critical thinking, problem solving and creativity
- Practicing learning by doing, on their feet and using their hands
- Developing an awareness of the designed dimension of objects and systems
- Honing skills to shape the world through building, tinkering, re/designing and hacking
- Cool woodworking projects to be taken home at the end of the week and used for years to come
- Best practices and principles of woodworking
- Enhanced experiences in our 3000 sqft Amazing Wonder Workshop
- Increased knowledge of woodworking: a lifelong useful skill
Save 10% on the second (or more) camp(s) after you have registered for the first camp – also applies to siblings. Discount does not apply to the first camp. Use coupon code CAMP1710.
Woodworking 201 is taught by Ed Garner, a highly experienced middle school Tech Ed teacher, woodworker and tinkerer.
This camp runs from 9am to 3pm for five days, before and after care options are available by special arrangement.