About this Workshop
Laser beams aren’t just for tormenting cats anymore. Learn to use Catylator’s Universal VLS 4.60 Laser Cutter and Engraver to create custom designs in glass, paper, wood, and metal.
This class covers the complete workflow from setting up the digital data file through processing materials on the laser cutter. Topics include:
- Bitmap versus vector design information
- Setting up files in Corel Draw and translation from other common programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape
- Overview of materials that can be processed by the laser
- Cutting, scoring and engraving operations
- Use of the engraving bed, cutting bed and rotary tool.
- Setting the material in the machine
- Processing a laser job