Enrollment is full for this camp.
Curious about the buzzphrase: “Internet of Things”? Is it a fridge that texts? Is it your front door self-unlocking? Is it a wireless camera in an infant’s room? Yes – it’s all of those things and more. For many, it’s not much of a surprise that objects can sense things and communicate. The phone so many of us carry can track where we are, our temperature, take photos and pay for goods with a tap.
What might be surprising, is that it’s not hard or expensive to make a sensing, communicating object yourself. And making smart objects can be rewarding, fun and even useful.
- Learn to use free, open source software coding environments
- Delve into the fun, dynamic world of Arduino
- Learn to connect to outside world: sound, light, temperature, pressure and movement
- Use coding to realize new and unique creative and artistic visions with LED lights
- Learn how to interface with useful information online
- Develop and enhance a creative mindset
- Exercise skills in critical thinking, problem solving and creativity
- Build a foundation of knowledge about digital data, IoT, the outside world and how to transform it through code
- Practice learning by doing
- Develop an awareness of the designed dimension of objects and systems
- Hone skills to shape the world through building, tinkering, re/designing and hacking
- Cool creative smart objects
- Best practices and principles of coding for interfacing with the real world
- Hands-on electronics, soldering and physical computing experience
- Introduction to Arduino and Raspberry Pis
- Coding skills that can be continued at home using free software
- Creative experience in our 3000 sqft Amazing Wonder Workshop
- Knowledge of how 21st century digital design technology works and how it is transforming our world
- LED Blinky
- Detecting Touch
- Electric Candle
- Invisible ruler
- Do I need an umbrella today?
- Send email with a button
- Logging and charting sensor data
- Can we sweep the floor?