Rikon 13″ Bench Drill Press
A drill press provides power and accuracy you can’t get drilling by hand. The table can be raised and lowered, and the chuck drill depth can be adjusted to ensure the correct drilling depth. In addition, the drill speed must be set to match the material type and drill bit being used.
How to Start
1. Do not operate the Drill Press unless you are familiar with its safe operation. If you are not familiar with the operation of a Drill Press seek advice from your supervisor, instructor or other qualified individual.
2. Always clear the table and work area before turning on the Drill Press.
3. Always use drill bits, cutting tools and accessories with a 1/2” shank or less.
4. Never place hands near the drill bit, cutting tool or accessory.
5. Never wear loose clothing, gloves or ties while operating the Drill Press.
6. Always have a firm footing while operating the Drill Press.
7. Always keep work surface and work areas clear of debris.
8. Never attempt to do set-up work, assembly or layout work on the Drill Press while it is in operation.
9. Never start the Drill Press with the drill bit, cutting tool or accessory in contact with the workpiece.
10. Always lock all table, column and head locks before turning on the Drill Press.
11. Never operate the Drill Press with a damaged drill bit, cutting tool or accessory.
12. Always check the drill bit, cutting tool or accessory in tight in the chuck.
13. Never operate the Drill Press with the chuck key in the chuck.
14. Always adjust the depth stop to avoid drilling into the table surface.
15. Never drill material unless it is properly supported. Non flat work-pieces require additional support.
16. Always clamp the workpiece to the table.
17. Always support large work-pieces at the same height as the table.
18. Never remove the workpiece or clear the table until the Drill Press comes to a complete stop.
19. Always wear safety glasses while operating the Drill Press.
20. Never operate the Drill Press with missing, damaged, worn, loose or defective parts.
21. Never adjust, change speeds or perform maintenance on the Drill Press while it is operating.
22. Always clean the work surface and work area when finished operating the Drill Press.
23. Always disconnect the power when adjusting or performing maintenance on the Drill Press.
Most materials can be processed on the drill press, but the appropriate drill bit and drill speed setting must be used for the work.
Motor: 1/2 HP, 110V
Chuck Size: 5/8”
Drilling Capacity: 5/8”
Spindle Travel: 3-1/8”
Number of Speeds: 16
Speed Range: 320-3,600 RPM
Table Tilt: 45°